The Arkansas Legislative Council sought clarity Wednesday afternoon as it reviewed the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's proposed contract to study the potential for a college football program.
The same Texas-based company that is studying the future of War Memorial Stadium has been selected separately to study the possibility of starting a college football program that would occupy the venue.
- Football at UALR? Firm picked to lead feasibility study
- State sports briefs
- UALR receives 4 bids for football feasibility study
- More from University of Arkansas at Little Rock sports
Defense and special teams put the University of Central Arkansas in position for its 24-20 victory over Stephen F. Austin on Saturday night at Estes Stadium, but it came down to a quarterback and his receiver.
CONWAY -- When UCA Coach Steve Campbell first met Micah Parten, he thought he could serve in a pinch.
- UCA avoids 'trap' to stay unbeaten in Southland
- UCA DB morphs into a playmaker
- UCA 41, Sam Houston St. 30: Bears turn back No. 3 Bearkats
- More from University of Central Arkansas sports
On a fall morning in New Orleans, Trooper Taylor took his 6-year-old son to work.
Arkansas State University Coach Blake Anderson was keen on his special teams after a 51-17 Saturday victory over Coastal Carolina.
- LA. -LAFAYETTE AT ASU: ASU takes on rival during short week
- QB Hansen feeds Wolves' WR pack
- SUN BELT: Hansen lifts ASU over CCU
- More from Arkansas State University sports
Central State (Ohio) hadn't won a game prior to Saturday's date with the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, but the Marauders rectified that problem before leaving Golden Lion Stadium.
A week after rushing for just 50 yards as a team in a 27-14 loss at Alabama A&M on Sept. 30, the University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff's ground game got a much-needed jolt on Saturday with the return of KeShawn Williams.
- UAPB yields 373 second-half yards, blows lead
- Today’s SWAC game
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff report: Turnovers a bugaboo for UAPB
- More from University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff sports
West Memphis sophomore forward Chris Moore had a good reputation going into Pangos All-South camp for freshmen and sophomores over the weekend but left even more highly regarded after showing he was one of the best at the camp.
Arkansas linebacker target Bryant Pirtle Jr. has SEC speed, and it appears the Hogs will get an official visit from the junior college prospect.
- 4 things to watch as Arkansas takes on No. 21 Auburn
- Midseason Analysis: Arkansas' grades at each position midway through the season
- SEC basketball media day report: Anderson: Bobby Portis not a hothead
- More from University of Arkansas at Fayetteville