UALR announced July 12 that it would conduct such a study, which could result in the rebirth of a football program that played its final season in 1955.
- Like it is: WALLY HALL: UALR football great debate, feasible or not
- State Division I college baseball roundups
- SUN BELT: ASU exploits weary UALR staff in 19-2 thumping
- More from University of Arkansas at Little Rock sports
CONWAY -- One after another, the offense fired deep passes in Saturday morning's scrimmage at Estes Stadium, and the defenders routinely batted them away consistently for the first time in fall camp.
A week after averaging less than 3 yards per carry in their first scrimmage, the University of Central Arkansas Bears emphasized the running game in Saturday's second scrimmage at Estes Stadium in Conway.
- UCA FOOTBALL: Loss of 2 receivers opens opportunities at UCA
- Linemen wear ‘guardian caps’
- Bears still looking for way to the top
- More from University of Central Arkansas sports
Friday was a mock game day in Jonesboro, but the team meal was very real.
Arkansas State University defensive tackle Dee Liner injured his groin in Wednesday morning’s practice and, according to Coach Blake Anderson, will be out two to six weeks.
- Wolves' passing game hits big plays
- As it comes off probation, Arkansas State vendor says it will strive to avoid selling liquor to minors
- ASU football team still searching for pieces
- More from Arkansas State University sports
Southern California quarterback Sam Darnold and Penn State running back Saquon Barkley put on a show at the Rose Bowl last season and established themselves as two of the biggest stars in college football coming into 2017.
Kerry Owens, a standout defensive end as a senior on the Arkansas Razorbacks' 1988 Southwest Conference championship team, died Saturday at his home in Denver. He was 51.
- Alabama gets 52 of 61 No. 1 poll votes
- The Recruiting Guy: High-scoring Texan says Hogs will get official visit
- In Little Rock speech, Bret Bielema talks mentor, backup QB
- More from University of Arkansas at Fayetteville